Across a range of sectors, more and more big names are making Newcastle their home, establishing their regional, European or worldwide headquarters. As the government’s Northern Powerhouse initiative gains momentum, Newcastle stands out as a prime location for business expansion.
- Accessible time zone: our location means our working-day overlaps with a large number of time zones across the US, Europe and Asia.
- Super-connected infrastructure: via sea, road, air and rail, we have a super-connected infrastructure providing easy access to markets – 95% of the North East production is exported.
- Availability of talent: our world-class universities produce outstanding talent, keen to live and work the city, including a high level of business and management graduates.
- Low cost: when compared to our key competitors we rank first in both costs and quality. Across the regions, many roles with an HQ environment are found to be lowest cost here, from Business Unit Managers to Receptionists, and Telesales Reps to Heads of Customer Service.
- Close-knit, supportive and innovative business network: 77% of businesses recognised the cities networks as a main benefit.