Welcome to Newcastle, the vibrant capital of North East England, and a thriving hub of business and culture. Home to exceptional talent, world renowned research, supportive business communities and underpinned by incredible culture, thrilling sport, superb shopping, exciting nightlife and top-notch cuisine – all just waiting to be discovered.
- Newcastle International Airport connects you to over 80 destinations worldwide, with multiple flights each day to hubs, including London Heathrow, Amsterdam, Paris and Dubai
- Over 30 trains travel daily to London, reaching our capital in as little as 2hr 45mins
- Introducing game-changing gigabit connectivity speeds, CityFibre’s £50 million full-fibre installation project is well underway, placing Newcastle in the top tier of the UK cities for connectivity
- Five world-class universities within an hour’s drive
- The highest proportion of STEM students in the UK with 52,000 STEM students studying across the region
- Newcastle has one of the highest graduate retention rates at 55%
- Our high-quality city centre office space is currently around 25% cheaper than other UK cities and 62% less than London
- We have over 500,000 sq ft of available space in the city centre with an additional 190,000 sq ft under construction
- Companies will make operational savings of around 40% in comparison other key locations such as London
- Regional population of 2.7m people
- Over 100,000 students live in Newcastle and the surrounding region
- Businesses benefit from some of the highest staff retention rates in the UK
Home to four national centres for excellence, Newcastle provides opportunities to tap into research expertise and pioneering innovations.
National Innovation Centre for Ageing | National Innovation Centre for Data | EPSRC National Centre for Energy Systems Integration | Tyne Subsea and the National Centre for Subsea and Offshore Engineering